Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

We kicked off Mother's Day this year with Owen's 8:30am swim class. On the way Ben treated me to Starbucks and biscotti which I enojoyed while watching Owen swim. When we got home, the kids gave me their gifts that they made at school. Vivi's teachers made an adorable little plant with a sign that said "Happy Mother's Day from Vivi" and Owen made me a picture frame magnet out of popsicle sticks which he decorated with buttons, poms and gems - perfect for the fridge. I love both gifts, but more than anything, the fact that my two kiddos made me a mom.
Ben let me pick my gift and I chose tickets to a Broadway show which is on tour this summer and coming to DC - Next to Normal. Looking forward to seeing it together in July.

Curt took us all out for brunch and we all enjoyed seafood at Ford's Fish Shack here in Ashburn. It was a lovely afternoon and the weather was beautiful too. We spent the rest of the afternoon taking naps and then played with the kids before bath and bedtime.

Being a mom is the best job in the world and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family to share it with. I never would have thought that I would be where I am in this moment years ago, but there is no where else I would ever want to be. I would not trade the sleepless nights when they each came home from the hospital...the hundreds and hundreds of diaper changes...the giggles and the tears...the walks to the playground...the stories at bedtime...the bottles and sippy cups. I love each and every single moment of being a mom and I never want it to end.

My favorite moment of today was when I went into Owen's room this morning and said, "Happy Mother's Day!". He said "I'm going to be really nice to my mother." I said, "I'm your Mother!" to which he replied, "You're not my mother. You're my Mommy!" :)

I prefer Mommy over Mother anyway.

No comments: