Saturday, March 29, 2008

Doula Molly will do the big announcement

Sorry I've been MIA lately but a ton of stuff has been going on lately and my laptop is packed away so I haven't been able to post updates. Here come a few.

We sold our townhouse on March 24th and were completely moved out that morning. I've been staying at Hotel Silbert (a lovely establishment - I suggest you visit sometime) and Ben has been living at home with his parents who have graciously been putting up with his hours and hours of gaming.

We settle on our new house on Thursday and move in that afternoon. That is definitely going to be a big day. But, I'm even more excited for Saturday!

At my last OB appointment I found out that I won't be able to find out the sex of the baby until 20 weeks (April 29th). I was disappointed because I had heard that you can find out as early at 16 or 17 weeks, and that some doctors do the big ultrasound at 18 weeks to confirm it for you. So of course I shared my feelings with Doula Molly and she offered to have us in to ********* hospital next weekend when she's not busy to see if she can make the big announcement. I am more than thrilled. It's only a week away and I cannot wait!!! Now, hopefully she won't have a flood of patients come in that morning, or else the plan will have to be postponed.

I just think it will be really special for my best friend to be the one to reveal to us the sex of the baby versus our doctor. I'll try to remember to bring my camera to capture the moment.

No comments: