Tuesday, November 2, 2010

40 days or less

Today we are 33 weeks pregnant. When people ask me now, "When are you due?" I can now officially say: "Next month." :)

I am feeling good, although am fighting a cold that just developed. Otherwise, just getting to the uncomfortable stage and am super excited to meet our little girl in less than 6 weeks. We still have not decided on a name. I am starting to worry that she may be nameless for a few days (like I was) until we finally choose. But am hoping we'll be able to make a decision before then. Or at least before we leave the hospital to come home.

It's amazing to me that she still has room to flip around, kick, and punch in there since my belly feels as if it couldn't get any bigger. It's so neat that when I am resting on the couch and I look down at my belly, if she's not squirming around, I can usually see my belly rise and fall with her breaths. Incredible. She gets the hiccups several times a day, usually they start right after I take a bite of whatever I'm about to eat.

We've moved Owen into his big boy room and he's been doing really well so far. We still need to transfer all of his clothing and the pictures and other wall decorations into the new room - I hope to get started on that this weekend. Then we can finally put away all of the beautiful girl clothes that Stephanie gave to us and the other gifts of clothes from friends and family. She's got quite a wardrobe and I'm so excited for dresses and pink for a change! :) I'd like to also move some of the baby stuff up from the basement: the swing, pack n' play, and baby bathtub. But we have plenty of time for that.

It's getting so close! As apparent as it has been that I am pregnant, to me it doesn't really seem real until I hear the baby cry and see and hold it for the first time...I mean, I still look at Owen, then at Ben, then back at Owen and think, "We made him! He is half me and half Ben."

It's just such a miracle to know that we created life. And we're about to do it again.

3 comments:

Katie Sanner said...

that's the same thing i've been feeling lately. that and the 'wow, he's going to be here forever' thought!

babies are miracles and we can't wait to meet your new little one!

sbruscia said...

That's crazy less than 40 days! So exciting. Sounds like you guys are ready. We need to catch up. Hopefully, I will see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet your sweet little girl! I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and your cute little preggo self! XOXO, Steph