Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our new playroom

A few weeks ago, Grandma and Grandpa Marshall and Aunt Hillary came over to help us move some furniture around. With their help we were able to clear out the basement bedroom in order to create a new playroom for the kids. I was lucky enough to scoop up a 27-inch TV off freecycle and my mom and dad sent us a DVD player they weren't using. I also got some kiddie DVD's from another freecycler (if you haven't heard of it or used it before, I highly recommend it - www.freecycle.org).

This playroom has helped us to have another room to hang out in during the day and I love the fact that we've been able to move the majority of Owen's toys down there which means less tripping over them in the family room. :)

The pictures on the walls were there in the old bedroom, but I want to soon paint some cute kid-friendly murals on the walls to make it feel more like a playroom. I'm hoping that I will soon be able to let Owen play in there while Vivian naps and I do a workout on the elliptical (see it through the doorway?). Here's to hoping...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

great idea Jenn!!! we love our playroom...and I bet as Vivi gets bigger you'll use it more and more.