Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things Owen says

This weekend I've noticed that Owen seems to be so agreeable. Whenever I ask him to do anything, he has been responding, "Okay Mommy!".....um, yeah. Let's just see how long this lasts. :)

Tonight we went to the mall to return/exchange a few Christmas presents and I promised Owen we would stop at the indoor play area (it was just the two of us since Ben stayed home with Vivi). He was a very good boy in his umbrella stroller while I was making the return and picking out a shirt for Ben. On our way to the play area I let him walk beside me and as we passed each store he pointed out what he saw. "Look Mommy! Shoes! Look at all those shoes!" and "A giraffe! Mommy there's a giraffe in there!" (at the toystore).

Once we got to the play area, I took his coat and shoes off so he could run around. It was so incredibly crowded with kids and adults chasing after their kids, that I could barely keep track of Owen. The kids were a little bit rambunctious too. He played for about 20 minutes and then when I told him it was time to go home he said, "Okay Mommy." and came with me to put on his coat and shoes.

On the walk back to Macy's where we parked, he walked again. He was quieter this time, and after a few minutes I heard him say, "Mommy they were pushing me. And it made me mad." I told him next time we'd go when it wasn't so crowded so the kids wouldn't push.

Then, just as we were about to walk out the exit of Macy's, he stopped walking and looked up and said, "Mommy, I want a kiss." Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!! I said, "Okay baby" and gave him a kiss. Then he said, "And a hug" so I gave him a hug. I love my little man. :)

No comments: