Monday, March 28, 2011

Vivian's first day of school; Mom goes back to work

Today was my first day back at work. I accepted an offer to return to Patch as a sales recruiter, and the contract will last three to six months, possibly longer. I'm sad about having to be away from the kids for the majority of the day, but at the same time, I'm glad for the opportunity to return to the corporate world for the moment, and I know the kids are in good hands. The same ladies who cared for Owen when he was in the infant room at Kindercare are still there, so they will be excited to get to take care of Vivi and I know she will get lots of love and attention.

Owen loves his teachers and his classmates, so I knew the transition to full-time would be an easy one for him. I had him wear his "Big Brother" tee shirt today and when I dropped him off Miss Megan said that she would take him over to the baby room to visit Vivi during the afternoon. It was a whole lot easier dropping Vivian off for her first day at daycare than it was the first time I dropped Owen off. But I think that is just a result of being a more experienced mom. At least that is what I kept telling myself on the drive to work. :)

No comments: