Monday, June 9, 2008

100 days left

Today our ticker changed to read "100 days to go" until baby boy's scheduled arrival. I can't believe it. The time has been going by so fast. I've been feeling really good lately. Even though these past 3 days have been hotter than South Florida (97, 98, 100 degrees), I've been enjoying the summer so far.

On Saturday we had a neighborhood yard sale and I made $49. I proudly told Ben it was all going to be spent maternity clothes. Then I went to the pool and lounged around reading magazines and baby books. During the adult swim times, I jumped into the lap lane and did the side stroke and head-above-water breast stroke, which believe it or not - actually was a really good workout!

Doula Molly called me on Saturday to tell me to "promptly get out of the sun because you might get dehydrated which could lead to pre-term labor!" I followed Doula's orders and spent the rest of Saturday inside with air conditioning and ice cream.

Then on Sunday after church I hit the mall for my maternity spending spree. I actually spent a little more than the $49 profit, but hey, I need some summer clothes that fit this growing belly! Then it was off to the pool again to get some exercise. Don't worry, I drank plenty of water. I am getting very used to keeping track of my water intake with the handy plastic water bottle I recently purchased to use at work. I think it's practice for the monitoring I'm going to be doing of the baby's daily milk intake. :)

No comments: