Monday, September 28, 2009

Dinner

Tonight I made Owen dinner and decided to use the cute new kiddie plate I picked up at Target for $1. You know, it's one of those plates that has little sections for the different foods - so you can keep them separate. Because it's so gross when your peas take a swim in your applesauce. (Side note: Mom - why didn't you buy me one of those plates when I was a kid? I'm pretty sure they made them 30 years ago.)

I put all of the different elements of Owen's dinner on the cute little plate. He was in his highchair. I put the plate in front of him and he started eating. Awwww, so cute! He likes the plate!



I turn to the sink to do some dishes. I look back over just in time to watch him dump the contents of the plate onto his tray. Given the fact that the sink is a mere three steps from his highchair, I was able to catch the plate before it hit the floor. THANK GOD. It was a long day and I wasn't about to spend the night mopping the kitchen floor. I guess we'll stick to the tray for now. Maybe we'll try utensils for awhile.

1 comment:

The Lang Gang Blog said...

I guess that's why I didn't have one of those plates for you when you were a kid!
Mom