Friday, June 11, 2010

Basketball and swimmin' on a Friday

The weather was perfect today so around 10am Owen and I put on our swimsuits and slathered on the sunscreen. Then I filled up his froggy pool and we headed out to play on the deck before lunch. At first all Owen wanted to do was shoot hoops. Finally I coaxed him into the pool. He had so much fun playing with his bucket and when I said, "Owen, dump some water on your head!" he did!

After awhile he got bored in there all by himself. I was getting hot, so I asked him to pour a bucket-full of water onto my feet. Of course, he poured it right in my lap, soaking me. I didn't mind, it was nice to cool off. Since I was already wet, I jumped in his pool with him. We had a blast. Wish I could have captured it on camera, but I was too nervous he'd splash water everywhere.

It was a great way to spend the morning and after lunch we both took long naps.

No comments: