Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventures in potty training - part 1

We recently purchased Owen's very own potty. He has been going pee-pee in the potty for awhile now, standing up on a step-stool before and after his bath. But we were having some trouble getting him to sit down on the potty for longer than 3 seconds. We thought he might sit longer if he had a pint-sized potty more his size.

This weekend we took him to the potty several times during the day. He sat down and asked me to read his potty book over and over again. No poop was produced, but that is okay. Baby steps. We'll keep working on it.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oooooooo....good luck with this!!!

don't know when we are going to start, kind-of dreading it. So I just keep telling myself that she's not ready for it. By "she" I don't know if I mean Olivia or Me :)

Katie Sanner said...

good luck!!!