Saturday, August 14, 2010

Owen's pet frog

When I got home from pilates last night I noticed a tiny little frog on the front steps. I came inside and asked Ben if he wanted to catch it for Owen to have as a pet. Ben grabbed a tupperware container and picked up the frog. He then jumped online to google "caring for your pet frog". :)

He gave the froggie a little bowl of water and I cut holes in the top of the tupperware container to give him air. We left it on the island in the kitchen to show Owen when he woke up.

Ben woke up first, as he usually does, and got Owen up when he woke. I slept until 8am and when I came downstairs asked Ben if he showed Owen the frog. "The frog wasn't there when I came downstairs," he said calmly. I immediately looked into the container and saw the frog dangling from the edge of his little swimming pool. He had apparently gotten out through one of the holes I cut and jumped off the island onto the hardwood floor. Ben found him up against the sliding glass door probably hoping he could somehow hop through the glass to escape.

We took some pictures with the froggie, but ultimately decided it was best to set him free. We didn't think Owen was ready for a pet frog. And mommy wasn't ready for one that escaped. :)

No comments: