Friday, February 18, 2011

Basketball on the deck

The weather was beautiful today - 70 degrees is unreal for us in February. So we took advantage of it by taking a long walk to the playground where we played for forty-five minutes before trekking home. Mommy got a serious workout pushing two kiddos in the double stroller. My estimate is that I'm pushing at least 100 pounds - 30 pounds is Owen, 30 is Vivi in her carrier, and the last forty is the stroller itself. I definitely felt it after Monday's walk, so I'm glad it's doing something for me. I'm so lucky that Owen will sit still in the stroller for long walks like that, but I think it's just because he and I used to do that walk several times a week when he was younger so he's used to it. Plus, it doesn't hurt that there is a reward at the end - getting to play on the playground (and fruit snacks for the ride home!).

We had lunch on the deck when we got back, and Owen played a ton of basketball before finally giving in to his nap. It was a really nice afternoon and the only thing missing was Daddy, but luckily he got home early and we went to Wegman's for family movie night and dinner which was really fun.

No comments: