Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love Project ~ February update

Happy Leap Year! Today being the last day of February, we stopped by Good Shepherd Alliance this afternoon to drop off our donation.



We had the bags filled with laundry detergent, toilet paper, canned fruit, juice and iced tea bottles, diapers, soup mix, and a few other things which were posted on their urgent needs list. It was a really good feeling to do something to help our community, and I look forward to making regular donations to GSA in the future. I plan to make it back again once I've filled up more bags of donations. They made it so easy for me when I dropped off - a guy was outside waiting to accept the donation and he gave me a receipt on the spot. Made it convenient since the kids were waiting in the car.

In March I'm going to work on helping my brother plan Andy's memorial in Hershey. It probably will take place in April, but I'm sure he'll need help getting the details lined up ahead of time. It will be a wonderful way for us to honor his life with friends and family in his hometown.

No comments: