Thursday, December 20, 2012

Potty training Vivian - attempt 1

Since the kids are out of preschool and Mom's Morning Out until January, I thought today would be a good time to start Vivi in Potty Training Bootcamp. I was planning on doing it the same way I trained Owen - putting her in underpants and setting the kitchen timer to go off every 30 minutes while encouraging her to use the potty I had out on a towel next to her potty chart.

I forgot that when I trained Owen I wasn't working from home, so therefore I could focus all my attention on helping him "get it". We watched the PottyTime DVD non-stop for 3 days and it eventually clicked.


Vivi is definitely interested, and over the summer for a good couple of weeks she was doing both in the potty pretty consistently. But I was working and wasn't ready to take the leap into underpants with her at that point.

This morning she did great. Only 1 pee-pee accident and one poop on the potty. So that was wonderful. Until we went upstairs so that Mommy could take a shower. While I was in the shower she peed on my vanity stool by accident saying "potty" while going. After we had another wet accident downstairs while I was trying to check my work email, I decided it wasn't a good idea to do this quite yet. We'll get there eventually, but for now it will have to wait awhile.

No comments: