Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Indoor sandbox


I got this idea from a fellow mommy blogger. It took forever for me to inflate the baby pool. (I eventually gave up and decided it was good enough for our purposes.) Then we were off to Giant to buy our "sand". It took me 4 large containers of oatmeal to fill the pool enough to play.

At first Owen didn't want to get in. After a few minutes he gave in and started digging around. We had a couple of moments of oatmeal snow, but overall it wasn't too messy. After about 40 minutes of playtime, I scooped up all the oatmeal and put it into a garbage bag to save it for another time. Then all I had to do was vacuum up the oatmeal that spilled out onto the carpet.

It was a fun way to spend our morning and I have a feeling we'll do it again sometime soon.

1 comment:

Being us... said...

check out this idea, smaller and cheaper....but JUST as messy!!!!

http://beingjake.blogspot.com/2010/02/cabin-fever-with-toddler-part-2.html

scroll down to the rice box.