Tuesday, July 20, 2010

18 weeks!

 BabyFruit Ticker

I found this ticker on TheBump.com and just love it. Each week it shows you how big the baby is compared to a fruit or vegetable. I can't believe that this week the baby is as big as a sweet potato! No wonder I have been feeling him or her move around several times a day and a ton at night. At my last OB-checkup, they said I had only gained 3 pounds so far, which I find hard to believe since I feel like I look bigger than that. But I don't have a scale at home to use, so I have to go by their calculations. I asked my doctor how much I had gained at this point with Owen and it was 8 pounds, but last time I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted and this time I'm eating much healthier and am exercising more. But no matter what I do, I'm sure it'll all start to pack on soon.

4 comments:

abruscia said...

YAY! Grow baby grow! It's amazing how many new friends this baby is going to have! Are you going to find out what you are having?

Jenn said...

Hi Amanda! Yes, it's so cool how this little one with have so many playmates close in age! And yes, we are definitely finding out - August 2nd is the big day. I don't know how people can go the whole 9 months without knowing!

abruscia said...

So exciting! I cannot wait to hear the great news!!! And I agree, I have no idea how people can wait. Of course my sister is in that group..Grrrr. ha.

Katie Sanner said...

you're looking great so far!! glad you joined the pilates class. and from what i hear from my friends who have had kids before and then took this class with their next child, the class REALLY helps! i'm crossing my fingers for both of us. :)