Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Coffee can drum @ 18mo

Caught my little lady in the middle of a drum set this morning. Our happy baby girl is almost completely back, thank goodness. All four canines have pierced through the gums and now it's just a matter of them coming out all together. At least it seems as if the major pain she was in is over. {Fingers crossed.}


Weight ~ 25 lbs, 5 oz {50-75%}
Height ~ 32" {50-75%}

Had her 18-mo check-up a few days ago and she's doing great, other than we need to work more on her words. She only has about 3-4 verbal words. (mama, baa for sheep, and bye are the only ones I could think of that she says currently) and the doc says she should have 4-10 by now. I'm not too worried (and neither was the doctor at this point) because she knows a bunch of signs and Owen usually does a lot of talking for her, which is common with second kids.

So we're going to do more books and more talking during the day, and more one-on-one time with just Vivi while Owen is at his summer camp on Thursdays. And if she doesn't show some improvement by August/Sept, then we're going to have an evaluation done by the county and a hearing test too. I have a feeling she's going to start talking a lot soon, since I've seen some strides even just since she's gotten past this recent teething pain.

At night when we rock and sing Twinkle, Twinkle before bed, she has started to try to sing it with me. It's neat to me how when I watch her mouth it reminds me exactly of the way Owen's looked back when he was 18 months old and the vocalizations he was making at that age.

I can't wait to hear her sweet little voice say stuff to me more often.

No comments: