Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mango Lime sorbet


I went to a class at Whole Foods a week or so ago about transitioning to a plant-based diet. The first half of the class was lecture, and the second half was a cooking demonstration. I learned how to cook lentils and beans, and the instructor also did a dessert recipe. It's super easy, and since I found mangos on sale at the grocery store for 5 for $5, I had a bunch on hand at home to try it out for the kids. Vivi thought it was a little tart at first, but after a bite or two she was enjoying it as much as Owen and I were.

Mango Lime Sorbet
1 ripe Mango
Juice of 1 lime
Agave nectar to taste (I used about a tablespoon)

Cut the mango into cubes and freeze in a plastic baggie. When ready to put it together, put the frozen mango chunks in a blender, add the juice from a lime and the agave nectar and blend until combined. If it's too runny, you can pop it in the freezer for 1/2 hour so that it's more like sorbet, but we ate it fresh out of the blender and it was awesome.

Enjoy!

No comments: