Saturday, September 15, 2012

In four days he'll turn 4


I'll never forget the moment I became a mom. 

It was the scariest, happiest, most intensely emotional moment of my life. Ben and I had actually created a tiny little person. It was incredible and deeply overwhelming. We were now in charge of this tiny miracle in our arms. 

He made me want to be a better person. He gave my life so much purpose. He made my heart explode with love every time I held him to my chest. 

Little Man, your Mama loves you more than anything in the whole world. 

Over these past four years you have become such an inquisitive fire-cracker of a preschooler who challenges me to the core each and every day.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Your laugh makes me smile and within seconds I am laughing right along with you.

Your energy keeps me motivated to run along with you.

Your love of books and reading together makes me want to read you twenty books every night before bed (although there is no way I'd be able to stay awake for that many, seeing as I'm usually yawning all the way through the second book each night.)

Your eyelashes make me so incredibly jealous.

I love the way you protect and love on your baby sister. You are so good to her and she loves you and looks up to you so much. 

I get goosebumps when I see how happy and confident you are when you're in the water. You are such a fish.

You are so passionate about fire trucks and fire fighters that I wouldn't be surprised at all if you become one someday.

Having you in my life is one of the most magical miracles I have ever experienced.

Singing you Twinkle, Twinkle every night these past four years is my favorite way to end the day.

Happy 4th Birthday, Little Man.

Your Daddy and I love you so so much.

xoxo

No comments: