Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let's bake cupcakes!

Owen was feeling a little better this afternoon, so while Vivi napped, I decided that he and I should bake cupcakes to take his mind off being sick. We used a Devil's food mix I had in the pantry and followed another Pinterest recipe which said to add nothing but a cup of Greek yogurt to the mix, then bake. Well, the Greek yogurt was tough to mix into the dry cake mix, so I added about 1/2 cup of almond milk to help stir it up. It baked up nice and then we whipped up a Reese's chocolate icing to go on top.


Then I gave Owen a few different toppings (leftover candy from Kayla's b-day party goodie bag!) to decorate his cupcake with. He had more fun decorating it than he did eating it. The little man only ended up taking a few bites of the cupcake itself.

But almost all the candy from the top disappeared somehow.

No comments: