Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 4 - we're getting there

Today we relaxed after school. The kiddos watched a show together while I finished up some work, and I couldn't help but snap this shot of them sharing the beanbag:

Then we did a craft where we glued different things on paper in the shape of our name. (Thank you, Pinterest).

While finishing up our craft, I discovered that there was a lego stuck in our dryer and the drum wasn't able to turn, thus leaving me with a 3/4 dry load in the dryer and a wet load in the washer. 

Who do I call? Kelly, of course. She said to come over and finish the laundry at her place. So, not wanting to turn down another opportunity for company, we packed up the laundry and headed over. While there, Kel invited us to stay for dinner and since she was making pumpkin pancakes with bacon on the side, we couldn't turn it down. Plus, neither of us wanted to do dinner solo either. 

The kids had a blast running around and playing with toys. The dinner Kelly made was delish and my kids were exhausted by the time we got home. We did bathtime and bedtime, and after Owen read his book he realized there was a card in the book that he could write to his Daddy, so since we were missing him, we wrote it. Owen asked me to send it to him, and at first I said we couldn't, but then I realized - we could text it to him! So we did. :)

Daddy comes home tomorrow. YAY!

No comments: