Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall sale

Last night I volunteered at my favorite consignment sale of the season (spring and fall!) in order to get my early entry ticket so that I could get in and shop before the general public. I feel so blessed to have received hand-me-downs for Vivian from my best friends, so I try to stay away from the girl stuff since she has more than she needs right now. My main goal when I go to these sales is to purchase Owen's entire wardrobe for that particular season.

I got to the sale at 5:45am after making a quick stop at McDonald's (boo - Starbucks by me doesn't open until 6am, so I had to do what I had to do) for coffee and oatmeal to fuel my shopping spree. Door opened at 6:15am on the dot and I rushed over to the 4T boy's rack. I scooped up lots of great bargains - mainly Gymboree, Carter's, GAP, and Children's Place stuff - and then put my laundry basket full of clothes on the gym stage to be held for sorting while I checked out the big items and shoes. (I even found two Ralph Lauren sweater vests which I think will be perfect for holiday photos and church. And a VT jersey perfect for showing off his Hokie pride.)


I was hoping to find a big kid's bike for Owen (with training wheels) but when I got there I didn't see any good ones. I did guy him a Lightning McQueen scooter, and although I can tell it's been well-loved, I doubt he'll even notice. I was able to pick up a perfect pair of Lightning McQueen snow boots for only $2 and my other big find was a Lite Brite set for only $3. I loved Lite Brite as a kid and I hope Owen & Vivian will get a kick out of it too.

Here's a picture of the stash (minus the scooter and Lite Brite) from when I got home to show Owen.


He was pretty excited about everything and so was I given that I only spent $132 on everything. That means I can go shopping for a few new fall items for myself with the savings on his wardrobe. :)

No comments: