Sunday, July 17, 2011

JMU Water polo 10-yr reunion

I still can't believe it's been 10 years since we graduated from college. I guess it's kind of a good thing that I don't feel that old yet.

Since there are a bunch of us old water polo teammates living in the Northern VA area, I decided it would be fun to get together. Ben and I aren't able to make it to JMU homecoming this year, so this was my way of still celebrating our 10-yr college reunion with some of my old friends.

JMU water polo was such a big part of my life during college. I met my best friends playing water polo, so I am incredibly thankful for the team and the time we all spent together practicing, traveling to tournaments, hosting parties, and developing friendships that will last a lifetime.

It is a wonderful thing when you can get together with old friends and feel as if no time has been lost, you just pick up where you left off.

Ben grilled burgers and dogs and we all enjoyed some beers, white sangria and soft drinks while the future of JMU water polo toddled around Owen's train table and water table. The kiddos even got in Owen's kiddie pool at one point to practice their 2-meter skills - ha!

It was a really fun gathering and I think we all agreed that we should make it an annual event.

No comments: