Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad! (aka Poppy)

While I may possibly be the world's worst at remembering to mail a birthday card, I can say that I am getting better. (Does mailing the card on the birthday itself count for anything???)

Top Ten Things I Love About My Dad

10. He taught me to love watching sports - football mainly - but I have grown to also love watching golf, boring as it can be sometimes, it's relaxing.

9. He was patient with me when I was easily frustrated at learning to drive a stick-shift car when I was 16. I don't think teaching me to ride a two-wheeler was quite as challenging.

8. He always had a bouquet of flowers for me after my dance recitals growing up.

7. When he got home from work each night he'd put his briefcase down, and I'd hear "Hello Sweetie!". I still get that greeting each time we meet. Now Vivi has the nickname too. :)

6. I've learned the value of strong friendships from my dad.

5. He taught me that life is too short and we should enjoy the time we have together and not let the little things get in the way.

4. He gives really great hugs.

3. He taught me that "it's only money" whenever I was stressed about it, and that enjoying life is far more important than having lots of money or buying expensive things.

2. He always knew how to tell me he was proud of me.

1. He has always been there for me. No matter what.

I love you Daddy. You are the best father in the world and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

No comments: