Monday, October 24, 2011

Nice day for a walk to the park

This morning Ben headed out to San Diego on a business trip. He left at 5:30am, long before the kids wake up (usually around 7am), so he didn't get to say goodbye to them before he took a cab to the airport.

Most of the pictures from this week are from my phone (note the fuzziness) since I didn't usually remember to pick up my camera.

We woke up like usual, and had breakfast then Vivi took her morning nap. It was a short one, so when she woke up we packed a lunch and walked over to our favorite playground to get some fresh air and exercise. It was a gorgeous morning for a walk. We ate our lunch on one of the picnic tables and then Owen ran around playing and Vivi tried to tag along. She's getting close to walking that I even joked to Ben that she might be by the time he gets home.

The kids had fun and Vivian must have been tuckered out because she slept the entire walk home (about 35 minutes). Owen refused to nap when we got home, so instead we drove over to the library and hung out reading for awhile. Then we just had to make a stop at Zinga, our new favorite spot in town. It's a frozen yogurt place kindof like Pinkberry, but a little less pricey. Owen is a huge fan:


When we got home, I attempted to make a healthy dinner recipe that I had read in a magazine recently. In order to do this, I had to prop Vivi up in her highchair since it was her bottle time and I was in the midst of cooking, while Owen was in front of the TV watching a DVD we had picked up at the library.

Owen took a few bites of the meal, but didn't like it as much as I did. He did eat the noodles, which are one of his favorites. The rest was sundried tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini, and garlic. So much for my cooking. It was fun at least.

No comments: