Saturday, October 22, 2011

Massanutten 2011 - Day 1

We arrived last night around 8pm right behind Grandma and Grandpa. By the time we got both cars unpacked, ate a quick dinner, and put the kids in their jammies, it was almost 9 and they were ready for bed. Owen was a big boy and slept on the pull-out sofa all by himself!

The kids woke up right on schedule - 7am. Owen helped Grandma make blueberry pancakes and sausage and then devoured half the pile! :)

After Vivi's morning nap, we went to the water park for a couple of hours and both kids had a ball. It wasn't too crowded and the water was nice and warm. Vivi found the lazy river to be very relaxing and when we took a quick dip in the hot tub at the end, she almost fell asleep. That was our cue to head back to the condo for lunch and naps.

Grandma and Grandpa graciously took over baby duty while Ben and I ran over to JMU to grab lunch and shop at the bookstore. After 14 years, my original JMU hoodie sweatshirt is so worn out that I should probably toss it, but it has sentimental value to me so I haven't had the heart to. Tish told me to pick out a new one as a Christmas gift, so I chose a purple one with white embroidered "James Madison University" lettering. I also found a black fleece jacket on sale that I couldn't pass up.

We got back in time to take the kids over to the playground on the resort for an hour while Grandma and Grandpa took a little break. I took the opportunity to snap a bunch of pictures of the kids and Ben, although the bright sunset light was making it challenging.




The kids had more quality time with their grandparents while Ben and I went over to one of the resort's restaurants for a date night. Thank you so much for babysitting Grandma and Grandpa! :)

No comments: